Hunter Yost MD
Dr. Yost’s Background
Dr Hunter Yost, in a career renaissance after 25 years as a psychiatrist, has retrained through multiple CME courses over the past five years at https://psychiatryletter.com/ in what can be called classical psychiatry, prioritizing basic clinical research as best exemplified in the 2007, two volume, 1100-page tome, Manic-Depressive Illness – Bipolar Disorders and Recurrent Depression by Goodwin and Jamison and more recently in the 2019 Clinical Psychopharmacology – Principals and Practice by Nassir Ghaemi MD.
This retraining includes the concepts of a Diagnostic Hierarchy and Diagnostic Validators used in other medical specialties and published for psychiatry over 40 years ago but not adopted by the DSM. Experts in other fields of medicine know that a valid diagnosis cannot be based on symptoms alone, as promoted in the DSM. The mood temperaments, Hyperthymia, Cyclothymia and Dysthymia are also included.
Also included in classical psychiatry is the recently rediscovered clinical presentation of Mixed Depression, described since the late 19th century, comprising 60% of all depressive illness while pure depression and mania comprise only 20% each. Clinical studies over the past several decades indicate that antidepressants can aggravate mixed depression, increase suicidality or have no effect.
University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Omaha, NE.
AZ Health Sciences Center, General Internship, Tucson, AZ
Psychiatric residency, Department of Psychiatry, Arizona Medical School, Tucson AZ
Mixed Features, Suicide, and Adolescents at Risk
Psychiatric Times Vol 36, Issue 9
How to contact or work with Dr. Yost
- Dr. Yost’s private practice utilizes telemedicine. He holds licenses to practice in the following states: Arizona (AZ), Wyoming (WY), Colorado (CO), Nevada (NV), Washington (WA) and Oregon (OR)
- Dr. Yost’s office is located in Arizona, which does not observe daylight saving time. The office runs on Mountain Standard Time (MST) from the 1st Sunday in November to the 2nd Sunday in March (4 months) and then on PST from March to November (8 months).
- If you wish to schedule an appointment with Dr. Yost, please complete the form below. A member of his team will contact you within 48 hours on business days.
- All new patients are enrolled in the Practice Fusion electronic medical records system.
- When enrolling patients, we require a date of birth, name, email address, and phone number.
- After registration, new patients will receive an invitation to create their own login for Patient Fusion via email.
- Once a patient is registered, Dr. Yost uses a secure messaging system that is compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Initial evaluations for 50-60 min will be $200/hr.
Follow-up visits for 30 min will be $100/hr.
Follow-up visits for 15 min will be $50/hr.
Cancelation without notice $50
Contact Dr. Hunter Yost
One day before your appointment, you will be sent a billing request via Stripe. Dr. Yost accepts all major credit cards.
If you would like to bill your insurance, a superbill with diagnostic and CPT codes will be sent to you through Practice Fusion.
If an appointment is canceled less then 24 hours ahead of time, a “cancelation without” notice fee will be charged. If the patient paid in advance, the
remainder returned to their card.